The generator market is actually flooded with tons of generator models and brands that ultimately start to consume more fuel after a few months of use. As a result, you end up with more fuel costs that spoil your goals and the purposes of having a generator. That’s why we felt a responsibility to introduce you to some of the best dual fuel portable generators models that will give you the same performance with the same fuel costs year after year.
Moreover, all the portable dual fuel generator models in our list can give you a continuous power supply for a more extended period than most other models in the market. You will also get these generators within your budget range. So let’s get started to know what we have for you on the list.
Difference Between Single Fuel & Dual Fuel Generators
A dual fuel generator distinctively varies from a single fuel generator in several directions and aspects. We have included this section in our writing so that you will understand why you should prefer one over another. Below are the key differences between a single fuel generator and a dual fuel generator:
- A dual fuel generator runs on two types of fuels, whereas a single fuel generator runs on one kind of fuel.
- A dual fuel generator is comparatively more fuel-efficient than a generator with a single fuel system.
- The fuels of a dual fuel generator are typically gasoline and propane. But the fuel of a single fuel generator is usually only gasoline.
- A dual fuel generator provides power supply for a longer time than a single fuel generator.
- A dual fuel generator provides a more stable and safer power supply than a single fuel generator.
Advantages Of Dual Fuel Generators
You should choose a dual fuel generator because of a variety of reasons. It comes with several benefits that will make your experience better. Some of the most important advantages of dual fuel generators are as follows:
- A dual fuel generator saves you a considerable amount of money on fuel costs.
- This type of generator provides a more stable and safer power supply for your appliances, devices, and tools.
- It ensures power backup for a longer time.
- It saves precious hours in the construction sector or any industrial works.
- A dual fuel generator delivers a more reliable power supply in both regular or emergency events.
- The durability of a dual fuel generator is comparatively longer.
Note: In the above part, we have highlighted some of the key advantages of a dual fuel generator briefly to give you the gist of the benefits of dual fuel generators. But if you want to know more about what are the advantages of an inverter generator, you can read the article here.
Table of Content:[toc]
Comparison Chart:[wptb id=158]
The 5 Best Dual Fuel Portable Generator Reviews 2020
In our dual fuel generator reviews, we have considered some of the key aspects such as performance, durability, useful features, fuel efficiency, etc. to make our list. That’s why we have included different brands that produce market-best generators. So let’s start learning everything about each model and choose the right one according to your needs, budget, and preferences.
1. Duromax Xp12000eh Dual Fuel 12000 Watt Electric Start Portable Generator
DuroMax XP12000EH Dual Fuel Portable Generator is vastly reputed and widely used because of its powerful DuroMax engine and fuel-efficient capability. The engine of this model is supported by a DuroMax 18HP OHV engine with 457cc power. This powerful engine is capable of powering almost all your essential home and electronic appliances and various devices.
This fuel-efficient portable generator runs on both gasoline and propane. So you can use any of the fuels according to the availability or price range. Using propane is more cost-effective than gasoline. Propane also lasts longer and doesn’t damage the carburetor. So comparing several benefits, you have the freedom of fuel choice.
The engine of this portable generator comes with a user-friendly keyed electric start, and an optional recoil start. So you get extra benefits while starting the generator. Though the generator engine produces high power, it creates very little noise. The noise-reducing muffler keeps the noise level at a lower extent.
DuroMax XP12000EH Features:
- The unit is made of a heavy-duty all-metal frame that ensures more extended durability.
- The fuel tank of the model can hold 8.3 gallons of fuel, so you get a power supply for a longer time.
- This generator is highly portable with the help of two side wheels and an easy-to-use handle and handles kit.
- The built-in spark arrestor helps the unit deliver you a smooth and quiet operation.
- It comes with all copper windings that ensures superior service with higher longevity.
2. Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel Rv Ready Portable Inverter Generator With Electric Start
If you are looking for a user-friendly premium quality generator with standard wattage capacity, then Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator is for you. This unit comes with all the user-friendly features that make your use and control of this unit convenient and smooth.
This unit comes with the 3-position ignition switch that gives you a convenient electric start. Along with that, the touch panel allows you to access and control the generator with a single spot. The low oil shut-off sensor stops the functioning of the engine automatically when the low oil level is detected.
The double fuel system of this generator is very cost-effective. You can choose any of the fuel between gasoline and propane to run this unit. The model consumes very less oil so you can have more power supply with less fuel input. The fuel tank of this generator is also of high quality and long durable.
Champion 3400-Watt Features:
- The fuel tank of the generator can hold 0.6 quarts of oil to give you continuous power supply for a longer time.
- The unit produces a very low level of noise, which is the only 59dBA that doesn’t disturb you.
- It runs up to 7.5 hours on a single gasoline refill and up to 14.5 hours on a single propane refill.
- It comes with touch start, push-button electric start, smart charger for battery, propane hose, and a lot more.
- The model is ultra-portable with magnificent side wheels and easy-to-use handle.
3. All Power America Apgg10000gl 10000 Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator
If you are willing to have more power but want to pay less, then we would recommend All Power America APGG10000GL 10000 Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator. The price of this unit is very reasonable compared to others, but you will get a high power of 10000 watts on gasoline and 8500 watts on LPG at peak time though rated power is a little less.
The fuel capacity of the fuel tank is 8 gallons for gasoline and 20 pounds for propane. With this higher capacity of the fuel tank, the model gives you a continuous power supply for up to 11 hours on a 50% load. The power it produces is fully safe for all of your home and electronic appliances, power tools, and devices.
This generator offers a lot of extra accessories and kits so that you will enjoy a convenient use. The maintenance-free battery of this model will save the battery maintenance cost, and the flat free wheel kit will help you keep the wheel of the generator perfect for easy moving.
APGG10000GL 10000 Watt Features:
- The body of the generator has a smooth finishing of the special coating, so it prevents corrosion and ensures higher durability.
- The model is perfectly portable, with two flat-free wheels and a convenient handle.
- The electric start button and recoil start option work smoothly to offer you more convenience.
- You can use it any of your indoors and outdoors events or purposes.
- It produces and delivers safe and reliable power supply all the time.
4. Champion 3800-Watt Dual Fuel Rv Ready Portable Generator With Electric Start
This unit is another model by Champion in the list of our dual fuel home generators. We have included another item because we thought it would be great for you. One of the main differences between the earlier one and this one is the wattage capacity. The starting capacity of this unit is 4750 watts, and the running capacity is 3800 watts.
This model of Champion dual fuel generator also runs longer on a single fuel refill compared to the earlier model. It provides an incessant power supply for up to 9 hours on gasoline and up to 10.5 hours on propane with a single tank fuel refill. The power you will get from this generator is fully safe for your appliances, devices, and tools.
Though the engine of the generator is adequately powerful, it produces very little noise, which is as low as 68 dB from 23 feet. At this noise level, you, your family members, or your neighbors, will not feel disturbed. So using this model, you will get a tension-free experience.
Champion 3800-Watt Features:
- The safety fuel selector switch turns the unit off in the event of a low level of fuel.
- The touch start and push-button electric start will allow you to have a convenient start of the unit.
- Two side wheels and a folding handle makes the generator superbly portable.
- The tires of the wheels will never get any sort of issues.
- It includes a generator battery and propane hose.
6. Pulsar 5,250w Dual Fuel Portable Generator With Switch And Go Technology, Pg5250b
Pulsar 5,250 watts Dual Fuel Portable Generator comes with superior Switch and Go technology that makes your fuel changing task easier. This technology allows you to change the fuel from LPG to gasoline and vice versa even during the operation. So you get rid of switching off the generator for changing the fuel.
The build quality of the body is highly durable and stable. The engine body is made of a premium quality powder-coated steel frame that protects your engine year after year. The model has a superior air coolant system that keeps the engine cool even after a long period of continuous operation.
The capacity of the fuel tank of this generator is 4 gallons. With this fuel capacity, it can give you a continuous power supply for up to 12 hours when running on gasoline with half the load capacity. If you use propane, you will get the power supply for a longer time than gasoline.
Pulsar 5,250W Features:
- The twist-lock outlet of the generator provides more space for powering more home and electronic appliances, devices, and power tools.
- The low oil shut off switch turns the unit off when low oil level is detected.
- It includes a battery and a propane hose pipe for fast and simple hookup.
- The wheels and fold-down handle of the generator will make your moving and carrying the unit more convenient.
- The no flat tires of the generator are very durable, so you don’t get any issue regarding the portability.
How To Choose The Right Dual Fuel Portable Generator?
In the list of our best dual fuel portable generator, we have selected all the models depending on the key focus points so that you get the best products. However, there are also some other factors that you can consider before buying the right dual fuel portable generator. The explanation of those considerations are mentioned below:
Before going to buy a dual fuel generator, you need to calculate your required power for your appliances and tools. Then choose the one that can cover the wattage requirement.
Size and Portability:
You should choose the one that comes with your comfortable size. The larger generator is tough to move, and a smaller generator is unable to provide the required power. So make a combination for that. Make sure the generator has a handle and side wheels for easy portability.
The automatic control system will allow you to use and operate the unit conveniently. Some models come with such an automatic control system that will let you control it from a distant place. So you should check this aspect before choosing one.
The larger fuel tank holds more fuel. As a result, you get a longer power supply. So if you want to use a generator for the heavier tasks, go for a larger tank. But if you need a generator to provide power backup for simple tasks, then choose the standard one with a smaller fuel tank.
You should choose a generator that produces very low noise. So you can peacefully use this in your home. Most of the high-quality generators produce up to 60-70 dB of noise. So consider this fact before choosing one. Remember that lower dB is better.
Determine your budget first and then buy the one that is within your budget. You will get a wide range of generators at different price levels. You will get all the high-quality generators within the price range of $750-$1250.
Note: In the above section, we have described the most important factors while choosing the right generator in brief. But if you want to learn more details about this, you can also read the article here-how to choose a generator – buying guide.
How To Maintaining Dual Fuel Generator And Safety Tips
The proper maintenance and servicing is the key to the enhanced lifespan of a generator. After buying your generator, you should maintain it at every specific interval of its lifespan. This job will help you get a smooth and continuous power supply from your generator. Below are some of the important instructions to maintain your generator properly:
- Follow the manufacturer’s maintenance instructions properly.
- Inspect the overall condition of your generator quarterly or semiannually or annually.
- Do your homework to fix all the loose bolts, parts, connections regularly.
- Check the lubricant oil, air filter, gas filter regularly, and change if necessary.
- Keep the wires, spark plugs, connection points clean.
- Check the fuel tank before every use and fix it if there is any leakage on the tank.
- Go through the regular inspection of the inner parts of the generator.
- Check the battery and distilled water of the generator frequently.
- Inspect the coolant, battery charger, induction pipe frequently.
- Take help from a professional to deep check your generator annually.
Note: In the above part, we have highlighted some of the key instructions to maintain a generator in brief. However, if you want to know more details about how do you maintain a generator, you can go through the article here.
Safety Tips For A Generator
We care a lot about your safety. That’s why we have included this part so that you can keep yourself safe while using or operating your generator indoors or outdoors. So let’s have a look at the safety tips for your generator:
- Take help from a professional to install and service your generator.
- Keep your generator away from heat or flames and water or rain.
- Choose a good ventilated area to place your generator.
- Never overload your generator for any reason.
- Make sure your children or pets cannot reach the unit.
- Use a cover for your generator, so it doesn’t get the direct connection with the sun or rain.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are dual fuel generators good?
Can a dual fuel generator run on natural gas?
Can a dual fuel generator run my entire home?
Different dual fuel generators come with a wide range of features. Some are very much fuel-efficient, and some have a superior noise control system. Considering the fact, we have included those models in the list of our best dual fuel portable generator that are at the same time fuel-efficient, capable of producing adequate power, and low noise. So you can choose any of the models from the list.
However, we would recommend the DuroMax Electric Start Portable Generator. It comes with an effective fuel system, adequate power capacity, and versatile features. You can also use the model for a more extended period with the same higher performance.